The TNT Euro Hub located at Liege Airport is one of the main TNT sorting centers in Europe and since the recent acquisition of TNT by FedEx, also part of the FedEx worldwide network.
Liege is a significant operation for the FedEx group complementing the FedEx hubs at Paris Charles-de-Gaulle and Cologne. All three are integral parts of FedEx Express’ growing network across the region. Liege is a great location with a great workforce and a valuable addition to the FedEx network.
Support the Head of Security LGG with implementing and managing Aviation Security standards. Ensure the air hub fully complies with all applicable aviation security laws and regulations as well as TNT Express policies and standards. To ensure aviation security risk assessments are conducted and mitigation actions implemented. Identify and communicate improvement opportunities and risks to global air cargo security processes to the Head of Security LGG. Act as the ultimate escalation point during the night (shift) for all aviation security matters within the hub. Act as a SPOC for the Security department and liaise with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the air hub complies with the TNT aviation security programme and all national and local aviation security regulations.
- Ensure training compliancy for all staff engaged in security duties, as required within the aviation security programme throughout the country.
- Provide (Security) classroom training if required and necessary.
- Advise Head of Security LGG concerning matters that affect the TNT aviation security programmes.
- Assist the Head of Security LGG in maintaining the legal ability of the country/hub to operate as a recognised secured organisation supplying airlines with secured cargo.
- Perform aviation security audits and inspections, including covert tests, and advise the Head of Security LGG of any non-compliance issues.
- Monitor, analyse and report on Aviation Security compliance levels.
- Assist TNT FedEx site’s managers in implementation of corrective actions that resolve non-compliance issues with the relevant security aviation programme.
- Ensure screening actions and aviation security updates relevant to Advance Data programmes are performed in a timely and efficient manner and in case of referrals, ensure immediate actions are taken by the appropriate department.
- Ensure all Aviation Security administrative activities are completed, such as, issuing of ID Cards, backgroundchecks, training and other record keeping, manuals and forms, etc.
- Provide leadership to the (ESP) team.
- Manage and monitor compliancy to all relevant ESP processes and procedures
- Ensure a secure handling process of all ESP shipments that are transferring through the air hub
- Advice on new identified risks or gaps that need to beclosed or resolved
- Act as SPOC for ESP (Security) team during Night Shift.
- Implement company security standards, policies, procedures and processes in line with regulations to prevent loss through fraud, negligence and inordinate risks.
- Contribute to the development of local security policies and best practice processes.
- Maintain excellent relations with auditing bodies and local and national law enforcement agencies.
- Report security incidents and investigations in the global company security incident management system and escalate major security incidents in line with global and country standards.
- Support security investigations in relation to all security incidents and claims identifying root causes and implement appropriate preventative actions.
- Assist in other major investigations (e.g. HSE and HR) as required or where appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a secure means of gathering and disseminating intelligence to proactively address security concerns.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate security training programmes to raise general security awareness and specialised skills throughout the allocated locations.
- Ensure high levels of integrity throughout the security function in allocated locations.
- Provide induction and training to employees on security matters.
- Provide reports on critical security incidents and breaches.
- Manage and complete nominated security projects in relation to all aspects of security.
- Act as deputy to the Head of Security LGG during Night Shift
Corporate Responsibility / Health & Safety
- Comply with local, national legislation and the company's corporate social responsibility, health, safety and environmental standards and responsibilities as identified within TNT Express management systems and directly support line management in effectively implementing these management systems
- Implement management systems, for CR, H&S, and environmental standards. Promote corporate values.
- Communicate hazards and risks to their workers
- Make sure their workers act safely
- Communicate H&S procedures and instructions and make sure it's well understood and applied
- University Degree (preference of law, criminology, etc) and/or equivalent by relevant experience.
- Other Security education (CPO, CPP, CFE, ...)
- Minimum 3 years experience in an aviation operational, aviation security and on related environment including aviation experience.
- Understanding of geographical and industry related security risks.
- Knowledge and application of relevant legislation governing supply chain security including aviation security.
- Knowledge and application of TNT FedEx security standards and tools is an asset. (courses provided)
- Knowledge and understanding of TNT FedEx and/or supply chain processes.
- Ability to communicate and influence at management level.
- Proven management, communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods
- Excellent report writing skills and quality of submissions.
- Experience and knowledge of Aviation Security screening technologies.
- Necessary Technical / Functional Skills
- Excellent command of English and French language, both verbal and written. Additional languages (ex Dutch) are an advantage.
- Full understanding of the principles and methodology of security risk analyses.
- Sound knowledge of technical security systems
- Sound understanding and experience of security standards including TAPA.
- Practical and managerial experience in security risk assessment, security management and investigations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams and networks.
- Demonstrates high degree of empathy and approachability.
- Computer literacy and numeracy skills.
- People management and development skills.
- Excellent management of internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity.
- Sound understanding of aviation security and regulatory environment & Aviation Security auditing.
- Excellent negotiations skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Effective presentation and public speaking skills.
- Good people management skills with ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Self Motivating.
- Required Behavioural Competencies
- Excellent planning & organising skills with experience of setting priorities for others & managing results within tight time constraints.
- Excellent problem solving skills with substantial experience of developing realistic & cost effective solutions to complex operational issues/opportunities.
- Excellent judgement & reasoning ability with the ability to make recommendation & decisions that take account of multiple operational & commercial factors.
- Permanent contract
- Full time
- Night Shift
- High flexibility