Inventory Analyst – Twin Disc
Twin Disc International SPRL, a Belgian subsidiary of the American company Twin Disc Incorporated, located in Nivelles for 55 years, manufactures and assembles mechanical transmissions for mainly maritime applications. Twin Disc is looking for a Payroll Manager to reinforce his team.
Job description :
Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, this position will have responsibility for:
- Inventory Analyst. Participate to the definition, implementation of inventory management objectives and ensure the inventory performance according to objectives.
- Master Data management in JDE. Ensure that articles are properly (reflecting the company objectives and processes) created in the ERP system.
- Define and implement an automatic cycle count policy through the existing ERP.
- Responsible for leading cycle count end reconciliations.
- Manage the inventory location and update information in the ERP.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining inventory objectives using analytical tools to optimize inventory management. Assist Manager in improving the inventory turn for dedicated product family in agreement through use of analytical skills. Ensure the control of the incoming goods processes.
- Responsible for the monthly reporting for inventory counts, including analysis of KPI, analysis of inventory data, analysis of flow and processes deficiencies or inefficiencies. Find the root causes and propose process improvements and action plans.
- Study of supply chain model and tools to optimize the inventory, the segregation of non compliant products, ensure a lean stocking and lean buffer area, ensure a proper product picking and the flow of parts. Participate in Supply chain meetings to ensure that the full life of product is taking into account in the inventory management.
- Control through standard reports the negative stocks, the slow movers, obsolescence; transfer the information to the concerned department and follow action plans.
- Responsible for creating new items in ERP (master data), Introduction of planning parameters for purchased and manufactured items, while coordinating with different department (engineering, planning, purchasing, costing, …)
- Maintenance of the master data database according to changes (ECN’s). Make recommendation for ERP system access restriction related to the entry of master data parameters.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a mechanical technical field with 3 to 5 years managing inventory in a manufacturing environment. In the absence of a degree, 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable to communicate with shop floor workers and office staff
- Team player and ability to empower ideas to other departments
- Fluent in French and English
- ERP experience, JDE preferred
- MS Office tools with good knowledge of Excel analytical functions. Visual Basic a plus.
- Good ability to understand manufactured mechanical components, and their use in subassemblies and finished goods
- Good ability to suggest and implement Inventory optimization models
- Inventory optimization models yielding optimum levels while minimizing stockouts and disruption to manufacturing
- Good understanding of manufacturing environments and flow of components from raw through work in process through finished component/good.
- Team work
- A full-time contract
- Good salary conditions with extra-legal benefits