Purpose of the job
The purpose of the role is to manage, maintain and develop all art and graphic work design for the Company’s digital requirement in support to the website development but also all and any requirements for digital marketing work as well as any print and work.
The Web & Graphic Designer will adopt and ensure consistent use of the Company’s brand book whether digital or print.
The Web & Graphic Designer will also support and develop templates and support presentations such as commercial and corporate PowerPoint presentations.
The Web & Graphic Designer is responsible for the design and layout of the company’s website. Involved with the graphical aspects of the website, how the site looks. Conceptualizing others design materials for the company (marketing materials, online campaigns, etc.) based on the input from the commercial and senior management
Main activities and responsibilities
- To conceptualize creative ideas based on input of management while endorsing the values and tone of voice of the Company.
- To ensure the continued and consistent use of the brand book guidance and suggest alterations.
- To continuously testing and improve the design of the website.
- To develop all graphic and artwork required to support the marketing and other communication channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and any social medias used by the Company.
- To establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- To maintain the appearance of websites by enforcing content standards.
- To design visual imagery for websites, marketing materials, campaigns, etc. and ensuring that they are in line with branding for clients.
- To communicate design ideas and concepts to the commercial management and digital team.
- To incorporate functionalities and features into websites and other materials.
- To design sample pages, presentation templates, etc. including colors and fonts.
- To prepare design plans and presenting the website structure.
- To maintain and keep updating the Company’s brand book(s).
- To manage the quality and deliverable of any work tendered to external 3rd parties.
- Be able to adopt and fully embrace the Company’s brand values and principles and translate these into concrete design ideas.
- Demonstrate great sense of artwork and fresh designs in line with the Company’s vision and values.
- Be a methodical and accurate achiever driven by results.
- Be open to suggestions and do not hesitate to air concerns and opinions. Being part of a Team, accept to be positively challenged.
- Be able to work under pressure and consider challenges as stimulating.
- Understand the need to protect the Company’s reputation and image at all time.
- Be keen and interested by any other duties that aim at the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Education Requirements and qualifications
- A relevant diploma in related field.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Proficiency in designing impactful PowerPoint Presentation.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of the multi-cultural dimensions in communications.
- Fluency in EN, FR and NL are a clear advantage.
- A permanent contract.
- A package in line with industry standards.