Purpose of the job
The purpose of the role is to manage and develop the Company’s website and e-commerce portal. The key objective is to ensure the highest level of availability and accessibility of the site and its responsiveness. As part of a Team, you will be responsible to constantly develop and for the enrichment of the site. The website represent the main touchpoint for the Customers/Travellers and therefore its quality, its design and ergonomics are key to the company’s success.
Being part of a small team, you will contribute to the development of the Company’s branding and represent part of the enablers to the sales and marketing undertaking.
You are passionate for the latest developments in web technologies and applications. You enjoy developing new websites or optimise existing ones. You have a broad and definite interest for online marketing, webanalytics, SEO and SEA, and therefore you will collaborate to the improvement of the digital marketing strategy of the company.
Main activities and responsibilities
- To continuously develop, maintain and update well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including mobile and responsive site design.
- To create websites and uses’ interfaces, using standard HTML/CSS practices, while incorporating data from back-end databases and services.
- To create and maintain workflows with teams to provide visibility and to ensure workload balance for consistent visual designs.
- To develop or validate testing schedules, addressing all browsers and devices to ensure various computers can access content.
- To monitor performances and to ensure maximim uptime and availability of the website and promptly intervene in case of downtime and reported fault.
- To maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology.
- To collaborate with the Team in order to continuously improve the digital marketing strategy of the company (SEO, SEA, SMO, Marketing Automation, etc.).
- To ensure the consistent and strict application of the Company’s Digital Brand Book throughout design of the website.
- To manage and follow the work and interventions of 3rd parties subcontractors according to the contracted scope and agreed terms.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- To meet regularly with the business stakeholders and management to understand and refine business and functional requirements as well as determine the project scopes and specifications.
- To develop and maintain strategic operational systems, tools, and processes, including participation in tactical and strategic development projects.
- To quickly work and carefully complete small requested edits develop plans for completing larger projects, collaborate with colleagues, and suggest new solutions to improve existing websites.
- To perform coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of the website.
- To perform regular file backups to local directories for recovery.
- To constantly analyse web traffic and recommend improvements and developments to maximise traffic retention.
- To actively participate and contribute to the enrichment of the website by suggesting practical changes or development.
- Be a methodical and accurate achiever driven by results.
- Be open to suggestions and do not hesitate to air concerns and opinions. Being part of a Team, accept to be positively challenged.
- Be able to work under pressure and consider challenges as stimulating.
- Understand urgencies and be prepared to intervene whenever required in event of problems and downtime.
- Understand the need to protect the Company’s reputation and image at all time.
- Any other duties that aim to the collective successful achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoir and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with company policies, values and work ethics.
- Comply with local, national and international applicable legislations.
- Understand and respect health & satefy standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Education Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, or related field.
- Experience planning and developing websites across multiple products and organizations.
- Proficiency with content management systems, including WordPress and Drupal.
- Working experience in Windows and Mac environments.
- Working experience with eCommerce.
- You have an interest in online marketing, webanalytics, SEO, SEA and SMO.
- A permanent contract.
- A package in line with industry standards.