Steel makes our world a better place.
Steel enables tall buildings being constructed, bridges, cars, trains, sophisticated medical equipment, space craft, etc. It is the building blocks of our society. Look around you; everything you see that was made by man, is either made from steel or steel were used in it’s creation.
NLMK has a presence across Europe with 6 manufacturing plants and is part of the very successful larger NLMK Group with manufacturing presence in 7 countries and selling our products in 70.
We are one of the most efficient steel producers in the world. We invest heavily into Research and Development to create new solutions for a modern world and use in our manufacturing processes Artificial Intelligence, augmented reality and many other technologies to help us to continually improve.
Steel is a perfect circular economy and can be recycled indefinitely. We are developing and driving towards a carbon-neutral steel industry. You can be part of this exciting world and help us shape the future.
The WH Lead will be managing WH activities on the La Louvière plant level.
He/she organizes, manages and develops her activity in the respect of security, the policy of the NLMK undertaking.
He/she ensures the security of the stock and the optimization of it.
He/she supervises and animates staff and deploys their professional development.
- Responsible for high quality WH accuracy by WH personnel
- Ensures GRN processing
- Issues goods in line with requested delivery date (if available at stock)
- Controls accurate movements during repair flow
- Initiates regular cycle counting process
- Ensures quick reaction on plant emergency needs
- Communicates with transactional team in case of issues
- Proposes improvements for safety and storage rules
- Deployment and review new process
- Guarantor of stock & storage management of stock
- Guaranteeing the safety of the team and the store infrastructure and logistics
- Responsible for internal and external repair flow
- Head of internal & external stores
- Leads WH team and manages their performance
- Material availability
- GRN lead-time
- Education: Industrial / civil engineer (or Bachelor with proven experience)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a team manager (proximity to the field essential)
- Internal experience in production, maintenance or quality are assets
- SAP ecc6 & SAP4HANA
- MS Office Excel expert
- Fluent in English and very good knowledge of technical English
- Strong customer focus
- Great analytical skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Takes responsibility independently and makes decisions in all situations
- Works in an organized, efficient and prioritized manner
- Available and flexible
- Leadership - A leader in the field; interacts effectively and skillfully with staff and other stakeholders
- Reactivity to solve problems
- Ability to adapt to changes and unexpected situations
- A pleasant and dynamic working atmosphere with a new challenge every day.
- A service-minded ambitious manager with creative mind set
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, within an environment where initiative is appreciated.
- The opportunity to develop yourself.
- A competitive salary and numerous fringe benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.