ASL Airlines Belgium is looking for a Technical Engineer
Purpose of the job
The Technical Engineer is to support the Engineering Manager in the assigned domain with Avionics-, Systems-, Maintenance Program and Reliability expertise, to control all Continuing Airworthiness engineering issues in order to assure the continuing airworthiness of ASL aircraft and to perform technical review of the aircraft in the fleet in order to improve the on–time, reliable, safe and cost effective performance for the Operator.
Main tasks and responsibilities
For the assigned ATA 100 chapters, provide support to the Engineering Manager to:
- Issue and/or integrate new proposals, amendments and requirements for the Aircraft Maintenance Program (AMP) and or MRB/MPD/STC processes.
- Identify, review, produce and follow-up of technical documentation related to new Airworthiness Directives to ensure adequate planning and on-time accomplishment of Airworthiness Directives.
- Identify, review, produce and follow-up of technical documentation related to Non-mandatory Modifications (SB, SL, STC, or Service docs).
- Generate the Reliability Program to ensure adequate Monthly & Six-monthly Reliability Reporting and follow-up of identified improvement actions to improve on-time availability of the aircraft.
- Produce engineering analysis and define root-cause corrective actions related to Technical Flight Incidents Reports and other assigned occurrence reports.
- Make modification/STC data available in order to ensure that aircraft documentation is amended accordingly.
- Prepare & organize regular reliability meetings and ensure proper administration of the meeting minutes. Stay on top of the latest technical Dispatch Reliability issues & cost drivers, using the Reliability platforms, in order to set Engineering investigation priorities and measure the success rate of the implemented improvement action plans.
- Responsible for the daily control of the Reliability platforms, to ensure good data quality and the latest data is available at all times.
- Coordinate and follow-up of reliability investigations done by the Technical Engineers, to ensure the required improvement actions are defined and implemented in time.
- Coordinate & follow-up the installed reliability improvement action plans with all involved parties, to ensure the required improvement standards can be met.
- Maintain strong contact with the Maintenance Service Providers by means of regular visits and meetings, in order to collect & investigate first-hand in the field information from Certifying Staff, related to the reliability top drivers.
- Responsible for the Boeing ISDP program, to ensure on-time monthly reliability reporting is done to Boeing and the program is used to its full extend.
Assist to Projects
To contribute to all special/internal projects that have been allocated by the Technical Director and/or to contribute to fleet or reliability related maintenance activities within assigned ATA 100 chapters, such as but not limited to :
- Avionics: operational approvals (RVSM, CAT II/III, ETOPS…), software configuration control, ACARS, FDM configuration; Fleet Team IdeaXchange, engineering rep. during checks…
- Systems: Fleet Team IdeaXchange, engineering rep. during checks…
- AMP and Reliability: Issuing and management of Reliability Report, AMP and Task Cards, Escalation and variations files, AD status and ARC files preparation, Maintenance Information System Point of Contact.
- Provide assistance to phase in /phase out projects of aircraft as requested.
- Provide technical support in his/her domain to the Project and Engineering Manager in order to produce Aircraft Introduction Files iaw NAA requirements.
- To create a relationship and communicate with other departments and subcontractors in order to ensure effective and efficient co-operation aiming to improve overall company performance.
- To report timely, accurate and concise maintenance / modification planning highlights to all stakeholders internally and externally to make sure they all have the relevant information to achieve their objectives.
To liaise with Flight Operations, Chief pilots, Project/fleet Managers, Maintenance Control and contracted maintenance organization to assure smooth aircraft positioning prior to scheduled line maintenance inputs.
Preferred experience/ knowledge
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering or similar due to experience.
- At least one year experience in an aviation / aeronautical environment (preferred).
- Technical aviation background with previous experience within an aviation environment (preferred). Knowledge in continuing airworthiness, Part M, Part 145, Part 21 regulations.
- Experience with the specific aircraft type(s) is an asset.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy, analytical skills and is objectives oriented.
- Good communication skills with all levels in a clear, factual manner.
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure.
- Work in an organized way to be able to meet set deadlines.
- Computer literate, MS Office with good administration skills.
- Good command of the English and French language (written and spoken).
- To display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help to solve conflicts.
- To maintain a professional office environment with due regard to confidentiality and security of aircraft data.
- To be rigorous, precise, well organized, solution orientated, proactive, etc.
- Undetermined period contract – ISG 15 – Full time job- day shift.
- Office hours, but high demand for personal flexibility.
- According a roster available for standby duties, for after office hours/during weekends to provide Engineering service support when required to the technical/maintenance operations and ensure the on-time availability of the aircraft.