NLMK is one of the world’s leading steel companies and is one of the most efficient and profitable steelmakers in the world. NLMK distinguishes itself through a fully integrated supply chain, a focus on continued improvement, on serving our customers in over 70 countries and on developing our people.
NLMK has an “obsession” with Continuous Improvement and efficiency in processes. This is one cornerstone of how we do things and has been built into what we call the NLMK Production System (NPS).
NLMK Europe employs almost 2,000 people at production facilities in Belgium, Denmark, France, and Italy with overall annual production capacity of 3.1 million tons of value-added steel products per year.
Our business model is focused on processing steel close to customers. Key end users include the automotive, shipbuilding, construction and energy-producing companies, as well as on and offshore windmill manufacturers.
NLMK Strip Business Unit
Located on two sites in Belgium and one in France, the Strip business produces carbon steel in mainly Hot rolled coil, Cold rolled coil, painted and galvanized sheet products for automotive, construction and general engineering applications.
To support and accelerate the growth of the group, NLMK is looking for an Operational Efficiency Manager for the Strip Business
Your main function is to support the Operations Department in order to quickly deliver Improvement Projects and Continuous Improvement activities.
- You support the Operations Activities by being able to deliver deep root cause analysis and Value Stream assessment in order to find and prioritize the improvement opportunities.
- Benchmark the potential levels of improvement (internal or external)
- You support the Operation Manager in order to manage and deliver automatization and other improvement projects.
- You coordinate a Management System according to ISO9001 in order to structure and report the continuous improvement projects.
- You are responsible of following up the improvement projects and main Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and to report monthly on the progress to the Management.
- You promote and coordinate Lean and other improvement tools & methods trainings.
- Support and drive the process of idea generation and continuous improvement
- Mechanical, industrial engineering degree or equivalent
- Min. 5 years’ experience on manufacturing related positions preferably in heavy industry/steel manufacturers
- Successful and demonstrated experience in achieving cost savings and measurable operation improvements.
- Solid understanding of lean principles, including waste elimination, pull systems, Kanban, Kaizen, visual workspace, one-piece flow, flow production set-up, Value Stream Map, 5S. Ability to create and cascade KPIs.
- Standardized work, variation reduction, error proofing, TPM, etc.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification would be valued.
- Very good communication skills. Very strong teamwork capabilities, and strong company engagement.
- Fluently speaking in French & English is a must.
- Strong excel skills. Experience creating macro and analysing databases. Experience doing presentation and using PowerPoint.
The offer :
- CDI full-time
- A salary related to your experience, a company car and some extra-legal benefit
- A pleasant and dynamic company culture. The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, within an environment where initiative is appreciated.
- Autonomy and responsibilities
- A possibility of evolution towards our group, nationally or internationally
- The support of a multinational group, with investments planned in the following years
- Many challenges
Interested to discuss this role further?