As part of our growth plan, Vesuvius is looking for Steelmaking Process and Application Expert.
This would be permanent opportunity based in our Ghlin (Belgium) or Skawina (Poland) office.
As part of the Flow Control Marketing and Technology team we would expect to leverage your expertise in Steelmaking and or Continuous Casting to help Vesuvius to continue to deliver world-class solutions to our Steelmaking customers worldwide.
Dimensions of Position:
- Provide metallurgical assistance to technical service representatives and customers;
- Support new product penetration and boost new product sales in the different regions
- Build solid EVC’s (Economic Value for Customer) for the FC and AR product line based on solid data analytics
- Support to the regions in defining an appropriate pricing strategy for the product line based on better EVC understanding
- Project Management of studies and other projects in steelmaking technical area,
- Leading and developing proposals in Steelmaking opportunities,
- Ensure regional product specialists in all regions are sufficiently trained.
- Development, maintenance and delivery of the HeaTt training modules on applications.
- Support product quality and performance optimization,
- Works with all manufacturing operation and global product managers to identify and reduce defects of Vesuvius products,
- Ensures that the finished product conforms to customer specifications and needs,
- Conduct site audits, communicate with customers on quality and product development, and visit customers as frequently as necessary,
- Investigates quality problems related to metallurgical issues and makes recommendations on corrective actions and process improvements,
- Support products and services development to improve safety, quality, efficiency, yield, productivity, and costs;
- Support the innovation process for the FC and AR product line from ideation to new product launch and pro-actively align the innovation portfolio/Product Roadmap with customer needs.
- Materials Science, Engineering, Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering degree, Master’s degree preferred
- High degree of knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Electric Arc Furnace (EAF)
- Continuous Casting,
- Steel Plant logistics,
- Steel quality,
- Experience with technically challenging projects
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills;
- Refractory materials use and/or development,
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) – Solidworks preferred
Experience & knowledge:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience
- Proven experience in a steel manufacturer
- Ability to negotiate internally and externally at senior level
- Experience working in an international environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both verbal and in writing
Skills & Behaviour:
- Values: Courage, Ownership, Respect, Energy
- Results driver: Must be self-motivated. Willingness to work non-routine work schedule. Demonstrated history of being hands on shop floor approach.
- Project manager: able to create a clear and detailed plan. Strong leadership skills in a truly global, matrix organization. Ability to influence and drive change. Proactive approach to problem solving
- Technical expert: Proven experience in application of product in steelmaking, Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements. Ability to coach and train Vesuvius technical and commercial colleagues.
- Product and Process Requirements – Capable of developing requirements for new products and processes utilized to rapidly grow market share and expand margins
- Innovator: conceptual thinker, with a hands-on mentality. Not afraid to have bold ideas
- Collaborator: Cross-cultural understanding with ability to adapt to different working culture and practices,. Must have solid interpersonal skills and be able to work collaboratively and constructively in a challenging work environment. Builds trust easily.
- Relationship lead: able to build relationships at different levels with a focus on internal stakeholders.
- Financial Knowledge-Understand product full stream financial metrics and levers to quickly identify areas of concern and develop necessary actions to fine tune EVC approaches