Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
As a fast growing company, we are looking for new talents.
The purpose of the job is to plan and carry out optimization programs in support of developing an improved the design of Flow Control refractory products in contact with molten steel. The optimization method will be applied to improve the resistance to failure of refractory products in a diversity of applications and fit for customer purposes. The expectation is that the development of new technologies will be built upon the simulation of wear mechanisms, and these will be used to develop new products and grow the Flow Control business globally.
- Conduct exploratory and applied analyses in the areas of simulation, modeling and optimization, scientific computing, and the science of thermomechanical and thermodynamics field.
- Participate in research projects as an expert in their field, with a willingness to stretch and learn to fulfil other roles as needed
- Contribute to solving challenging design optimization problems
- Develop parameter optimization tools to fit models to testing data
- Research, design, develop, and implement innovative approaches, methods, and algorithms
- Work with internal and external collaborators to formulate problems and define requirements
- Develop research plans and write proposals
- Ph.D Degree in mechanical Science & Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in thermomechanical modelling, simulation and optimization
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic skills
- 4-6 years research experience in degreed field.
- 3-4 years hands on experience with optimization modelling.
- 2-3 years hands on experience with FEA modelling.
- Experience in optimization modelling
- Experience in FEA
- Significant experience developing simulations tools using continuum approaches (e.g., finite elements) for physical systems and advanced programming skill in C/C++/FORTRAN and scripting languages including Python/Matlab.
The following knowledges bases are required:
- Good experience on optimization.
- Expert in using modelling and simulation tools
- Proficiency in optimization software- hyperstudy or equivalent.
- Significant knowledge of Finite Element method principles and theory
- Advanced knowledge of shape/topology optimization techniques and algorithms
Skills & Behaviour:
- Research mindset and ability to contribute to writing proposals
- Self-starting: Can work independently within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work with others in a shared lab
- Experience in reading scientific papers and replicating methods
- Familiarity with modern software tools and practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English, any other language being an asset
Are you ready to take the challenge ? Apply from now on and join a dynamic company, in a sector in full development and which will allow you to develop your skills in a highly technological environment. Vesuvius is waiting for you!