Metallurgy, an old manual dirty and dying business? Nope. The steel industry is reinventing itself! Steel here, there and everywhere. Join the adventure and get exposure to modern practices and heavy technological installations. The NLMK group is the most important player in the Russian steel sector and one of the most efficient in the world. It is present in 7 countries and has 20 production sites. And we won’t stop there! We know why we exist. We believe in our strategy. We are driven by very strong values. The only thing missing is you. Make a big impact and shape with us the future of a carbon-neutral steel industry!
This role involves the production of schedules for Design, Procurement, Construction, Installation & Commissioning activities for each project from tender through to completion; also reviewing the progress of schedules on a regular cycle and management reporting as and when required.
Your duties could include:
- Development of tender schedules into construction schedules with assistance from engineering/construction staff.
- Production of schedules from “First Principles” with assistance from engineering/construction staff
- Co-ordination of input from all departments into the schedules
- Progress of schedules with site teams and highlight areas of concern and introduce mitigation measures
- Regular site visits as so to assist site teams with planning matters
- Liaison with site teams regarding input into schedules development
- Collation of progress information & production of progress reporting
- Update schedules following Change Control procedure Entry
- Graduated Engineer with formal training in planning and scheduling
- Formal training in Risk identification and management with relevant reporting tools
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of planning and construction activities
- Computer literate with proven planning / scheduling tools knowledge. Primivera, MS Projects, Sincro 4D
- Rational & systematic analysis of situation to enable decisions on more varies issues; questioning the evidence to evaluate issues
- Sees potential of new ideas and situations and takes practical approach to change – looking at impact it may have on self and others; demonstrating the ability to explain it to colleagues
- The capacity to review actions taken to identify improvements in efficiency or achievements of goals, using a range of methods; possessing some originality of thought
- Capacity to take longer term commercial view – understands some of the strategic implications of decisions
- Systematically works to set goals; striving to achieve consistent results and proactively identify and pursue new stretching targets and opportunities
- Able to call upon and manage diverse skills and methods in order to deliver results
- Communicates positively with clarity and understanding; confident, articulate presentations with structure and control
- Uses regular performance review to target needs for development and understands and recognises people’s career needs – using some coaching and feedback to help; building personal plans with them
- Cohesive and encouraging approach to team working; developing inter-team collaboration inside and outside the organisation.
- Adjusts behaviour & processes to meet customer and supplier expectations and looks to develop long-term relationships; places customer first
- Ability to take control of most everyday situations and to assume responsibility, organising and guiding where necessary
- Presents view point with confidence and clarity, demonstrating soundly structured case – pros and cons put forward with supporting evidence.
- Fluent in French is an asset.
Your work would generally be office based, but regular site visits are required. Working hours would typically be 40 hours per week, Monday to Frida
Do you want to participate in shaping the future of the green carbon free steel? Do you want to become a member of a team where everybody has a voice? Do you want to join a rapidly changing environment with many opportunities for career growth? You can make a difference and be heard in NLMK Europe! It is the opportunity to start, develop and grow in one of the most successful steel companies in the world. NLMK's success is based on the strength of a team with family values and a strong international presence. A team that improves and innovates every day to be better than yesterday, with excellence and customer satisfaction in mind, and safety as the cornerstone of everything!