+32 (0) 10 750 631
22 days ago
ASIT biotech is a Belgian clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and future commercialisation of a range of breakthrough immunotherapy products for the treatment of allergies. Thanks to its innovative ASIT+TM technology platform, ASIT biotech is currently the only developer of AIT product candidates consisting of a unique mixture of highly purified natural allergen fragments in an optimal size selection. This innovation results in a short treatment, expected to improve patient compliance and real-life effectiveness. ASIT biotech’s product pipeline entails two novel ASIT+™ product candidates targeting respiratory allergy with the highest prevalence (i.e. grass pollen: gp-ASIT+TM and house dust mite: hdm-ASIT+TM), that could significantly expand the current immunotherapy market. The Company believes that its innovative ASIT+™ platform is flexible and would be applicable across a range of allergies.
ASIT biotech has a headcount of 25 staff members, located at its headquarters in Brussels and laboratory in Liège, Belgium.
The ideal candidate has an in-depth knowledge of protein purification and characterisation in context of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The job requires at least 10 years of experience including 5 years in industrial manufacturing operations.
We need a change agent who is passionate, has high energy, and is results-oriented. This role requires experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing (ideally in the context of clinical process development, scaling-up, validation and contract manufacturing activities)
In this context, the position involves:
• Organize and coordinateprocess and analytical development activities.
• Supervise the technology and knowhow transfer, establish the GMP production documentation.
• Overview, manage and facilitate manufacturing operations conducted at and by independent third party contract manufacturing organizations.
• Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all internal and external manufacturing teams to reach alignment on project goals and deliverables.
• Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget.
• Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
• Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
• Support, inform and align with cross functional project management team members to ensure success of projects, including clinical operations, quality control, quality assurance and regulatory affairs departments.
• Manage a young, enthusiastic and talented team of researchers
Skills & expertise
• PhD in Engineering, Chemistry or Biochemistry
• More than 10 years of industry experience in research, tech transfer and production of proteins (scientific and technical) in an industrial environment (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or medical device industries).
• Interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels as well as with third party contract manufacturing organizations.
• Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies.
• Strong competencies in organization and rigor with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
• Results oriented.
• Work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
• Positive attitude, plenty of energy, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Commitment to the company objectives and its success.
• Able to manage rapid change, associated with pre-clinical and commercial operations in the biotechnology field.