Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
As a fast growing company, we are looking for new talents.
You are bored with your professional routine? Not enough possibility of expressing your creativity? Desiring to travel on all the continents? Wishing to develop your career?
If the answer is YES all these questions; you are ready to take the challenge!
Apply from now on and join a dynamic company, in a sector in full development and which will allow you to develop your skills in a highly technological environment.
Vesuvius is waiting for you!
The role will cover robotic processes portfolio across all regions (NAFTA, EMEA, ASIA…) and development of new robotic solutions according to local technical and quality requirements based on customer practices and needs.
The main tasks of the Automation Engineer will include the conceptualization, the development, the robot and PLC programming, the software selection, the factory acceptance tests and the commissioning of all mechatronics and automation solutions for new product applications supporting business growth on a global basis.
- R&D activities to conceptualize and to develop new robotic solutions according to Vesuvius vision: fully automatic applications with no man operation (only supervision)
- Automation engineering activities to design and specify new robotic solutions
- Vendors assessment for dedicated robotic and automation solution
- Coordination and follow-up of subcontracted automation engineering works
- Coordinate meetings with vendors and other resources like purchasing, shipping…
- Selection of key software’s and key vendors
- Factory acceptance tests and commissioning services for local teams and customers across all regions
- Technical assistance services for local teams and customers across all regions (30% travel)
Key Result Areas
- Development and delivery of automation engineering solutions in due time and within dedicated budget
- Development of skills and technical expertise on robotic applications for Advanced Refractories BU
- Development of standard documents (i.e. technical specifications, I/O lists, functional descriptions…) related to executed projects
- Recognized technical expertise on AR robotic applications across all regions (NAFTA, EMEA, ASIA…)
- Build long term relationship with key vendors of robotic and automation software’s
- Cooperate with other mechatronics, automation and R&D engineers to develop new robotic solutions and application technologies
Master’s degree in Automation / Mechatronics / Electro-Mechanical / Process Engineering
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature)
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in robotic and automation engineering for Industry such as Steelmaking, Glassmaking, Foundry, Automotive, Mining…
- 5 years’ practical experience in customer’s site activities such as technical servicing and commissioning
- 5 years’ experience in Multicultural environment
- Process control and automation engineering
- Low voltage electrical engineering (MV is a plus)
- Process integration and mechatronics systems
- PLC programming (Siemens, Allen-Bradley…)
- SCADA applications ((Wonderware, WinCC…)
- Electrical CAD tools for automation layout and wiring diagram (EPLAN, SEE Electrical…)
- Process control simulation tool (WinMOD…)
- Relevant experience in robot programming (Kuka, Fanuc…) and SCADA applications (Wonderware, WinCC…)
- Relevant experience in process design (flowsheet, PID’s…), process dimensioning (mass & energy balances, chemical reactions…) and cold & hot commissioning (point-to-point tests, individual tests, sequence tests…)
- Experience in vision systems and oriented objects programming is a strong asset
- Knowledge of high temperature (melted iron or glass) process technology is an asset
- Strong proficiency of troubleshooting even with limited or incomplete information
- Wide experience in very diverse skills (hydraulic, pneumatic, motors, valves…) gained from practical problem-solving experiences performed on operating site
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in team and to build strong and balanced relationships within hard and stressful working environment
- Demonstrated understanding of customer practices and needs
- Ability to negotiate with vendors on multiple aspects such as price, delivery time, claims, payment conditions…
- Ability to work across multiple international sites and in a cross-cultural environment