Steel makes our world a better place.
Steel enables tall buildings being constructed, bridges, cars, trains, sophisticated medical equipment, space craft, etc. It is the building blocks of our society. Look around you; everything you see that was made by man, is either made from steel or steel were used in it’s creation.
NLMK has a presence across Europe with 6 manufacturing plants and is part of the very successful larger NLMK Group with manufacturing presence in 7 countries and selling our products in 70.
We are one of the most efficient steel producers in the world. We invest heavily into Research and Development to create new solutions for a modern world and use in our manufacturing processes Artificial Intelligence, augmented reality and many other technologies to help us to continually improve.
Steel is a perfect circular economy and can be recycled indefinitely. We are developing and driving towards a carbon-neutral steel industry. You can be part of this exciting world and help us shape the future.
- Samples preparation before their characterization
- Realization of tests, characterizations and analyses according to the internal methods and/or international standards ISO - EN - ASTM
- Development and adaptation of methods according to the needs and specificities of prepainted coatings in collaboration with the team leader
- Planning of tests in function of the deadlines and equipment availability in coordination with the team leader
- Results discussion, pre-interpretation and presentation to the ST Team
- Redaction of Internal reports (R&D group)
- Daily maintenance of the Lab equipment and metrology
- Good English reading comprehension
- Motivated / Open minded / enthusiastic / passionate
- Autonomous / Independent worker as team working oriented
- Be technically rigorous, curious, creative and innovative
- Solid communication and collaboration skills
- Excited to work and learn in a global environment
Knowledge / experience:
- Bachelor in chemistry / Material Sciences
- Characterization tests of liquid paints and coated substrates according to ASTM, ISO and EN standards is a plus
- Experience is scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is a plus
- Experience in analytical methods development and validation is a plus
- At least 5 years experience in an R&D lab is a plus
- A fast paced environment with a new challenge every day.
- A service-minded and ambitious team with creative mind set
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, within an environment where initiative is appreciated.
- The opportunity to develop yourself
- A competitive salary and numerous fringe benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.
Interested to discuss this role further?