Are you a real researcher? Are you passionated by Materials world? Do you want to evolve in an international atmosphere? Vesuvius has opportunities for you! As world leader in metal flow engineering, we have the perfect place to improve your career thanks to a developed internal mobility and the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technology projects in a nice work atmosphere.
What you have to do:
- Drive new products development projects to improve performances and the value of the products themselves.
- Design and carry out experiments in order to support new products development projects.
- Design and carry out experiments with the aim of increasing fundamental understanding of products and processes.
- Identify and implement improvements in R&D tests, processes and equipment to reach a safer working environment and get better quality results.
- Globally collaborate with colleagues and well respected external scientists.
- Monitor technology advances in literature, conferences and trade shows.
- Travel about 10-12 weeks/year around the world in different trips that could take 3 weeks in a row.
Do you want to know the goal of the job?
It is to apply Material Science concepts and new ideas to develop new technologies for future products development.
What we expect from you:
- Qualification and experience:
- A Master’s or Ph.D Degree in Chemicals/Physics/Materials Sciences with a first experience in Materials Science and Engineering for high temperature structural applications. If you have no experience in the refractory market, a capacity of quickly updating yourself to be ready as soon as possible. Do you have even more experience? Then you are also welcomed because many senior positions are open.
- Mandatory skills
- Experience on steel/refractory interactions is required, based on thermodynamic simulation and experimental testing: corrosion, erosion… The ability to adapt standard tests to specific customer conditions would be a real plus.
- First experience in project management.
- Fluent English.
- Be logical, methodical and problem solver.
- Good communication sense to be able to present subjects to non-technical audience.
- Autonomy, sense of priorities, organization and deep self-motivation.
Do you think you are the perfect candidate?
Then it is time to apply! The follow up of your candidature can take several weeks but you will receive an answer. For any question, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
We are waiting for you!