Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
Mechatronic department based in Ghlin designs robotic solution for continuous casting application.
Integrated in this department you will be in charge of conception, design testing and commissioning of robotic equipment.
- Carry out systems development and project follow up based on technical specifications. This is including: electrical engineering, software development, define and select proper instrumentation, integration with mechanical design and mechanical team.
- Actively participate to shop test (FAT test procedure and FAT test)
- Build technical documentation of product and project (user manual, CE file, customer file, risk assessment)
- Actively participate to equipment commissioning, involving multiple travelling worldwide for several weeks
- Autonomy in solution finding and troubleshooting
Engineer in electricity, automation or electromechanical engineering
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature):
> 2 years
- Very good knowledge in automation (PLC programming: Step 7)
- Good knowledge in electrical engineering
- Knowledge in robotic programming is an asset (ideally KUKA KRL)
- Knowledge or experience in industrial vision is an asset
- Knowledge in programming (C, CC+, or other language) is an asset
- Basic knowledge in mechanics, pneumatic and hydraulic
- Very good practical feeling
- Hands on capability
- Autonomous, creative, committed, leadership
- Fluent in English
- Ready to travel WW (20-25%)