30+ days ago
6 production sites of hot rolling, cold rolling and coating steels, focused on transforming and distributing value added steel products to end users in a variety of sectors like automotive, yellow goods, energy, construction and general industry segments. NLMK Europe offers an efficient vertically integrated system, supported by state-of-the-art steelmaking from Lipetsk. Commercial goals are supported by ongoing industrial investments. A motivated team, the ability to improve continuously in safety and skills of our people, efficiency of our industrial system as well as protection of our environment are our fundamentals.
In order to achieve our goals, for the location of Clabecq, were are looking for a PROCESS ENGINEER.
You’ll be responsible to evaluate main production process and configure manufacturing systems in order to improve product quality, develop best practices within the production process, improve sustainability and reduce costs.
You’ll also participate to new products developments, designing innovative production processes
• Optimize and supervise a set of physical models (reheating furnace, rolling mill, leveler, quenching unit, …).
• Define best practices for the different tools providing clear instructions to operators about machine settings and sequences that shall guarantee an optimal and reproducible product quality
• Being at the interface between
- the production workers, ensuring they know the procedures and they are well trained
- the maintenance in order to detect the faulty equipment and improve the maintenance plan
- the IT team analyzing the process issues
- the quality team for improving the rejection and claim ratios
• Contribute to the development of new products.
- Master in metallurgy, material science or mechanical
Preferably with experience of min 3 years in a similar function
- Knowledge of material science applied to steel plate: heat treatment process, metallurgy. Leveling or rolling techniques are an asset
- Automation and IT: IBA; database, analytical tool for statistical process control
- Problem solving techniques: 5M, 8D, Ishikawa, A3, …
- Very good knowledge of French and English as working language
- Analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, capability to develop people, working across departments without taking away line responsibility
Working at NLMK is an opportunity to create a new future for yourself with one of the world’s most efficient steel company. NLMK is building a team of professionals offering comprehensive support to talented and ambitious employees who bring new ideas to life and are focused on results