Materia Nova is a Centre for Technological Innovation that responds to social, economic and
environmental challenges and aims at creating a positive effect on our region. Materia Nova is
specialized in future materials and was founded to ensure technology transfer from basic
research to industrial market application.
We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Research Staff Member to work in the area of Biochemical engineering with expertise in microbiology and enzymology. This position is in the white biotechnology Department.
- Conduct research in the field of Biochemical engineering, microbiology and enzymology associated to future materials
- Contribute to and actively participate in the conception, design, and execution of research to address defined problems.
- Organize, analyze, publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences, seminars and/or technical meetings.
- Collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment and industry to accomplish research goals.
- Pursue independent (but complementary) research interests and interact with a broad spectrum of scientists internally and externally to the Laboratory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recent PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related field.
- Experience in Biochemical analysis and enzymology.
- Experience in Microbial analysis, bacterial culturing and fermentation
- A strong background in macromolecule biochemistry, biophysics, and separation techniques is preferred.
- Ability as an innovative experimentalist with a broad range of experience in experimental design, techniques, and execution.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication skills in English is required for manuscripts/grants preparation, public presentation, and collaboration with other lab members.
- Knowledge materials-microbe interactions.
- Knowledge Biocatalyst development.
- Experience with the industry will be appreciated
This is a Three-year Postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of extension to a long time position.