30+ days ago
NLMK Europe employs almost 2,000 people at production facilities in Belgium, Denmark, France, and Italy with overall annual production capacity of 3.1 million tonnes of value-added steel products per year.
Our business model is focused on processing steel close to customers. Key end users include the automotive, shipbuilding, construction and energy-producing companies, as well as offshore windmill manufacturers.
Located in Ittre, Belgium, NLMK Clabecq produces steel plates of various thicknesses ranging from 3 to 120 mm for construction, shipbuilding, energy industries, transport and yellow goods, quarrying and mining equipment manufacturers. Its current production capacity is 750,000 tonnes a year.
Your main function is to support the Operations Department in order to quickly deliver Improvement Projects and continuous improvements activities.
- You support the Operations Activities by being able to deliver deep root cause analysis and Value Stream assessment in order to find and prioritize the improvement opportunities.
- You support the Operation Manager in order to deliver automatization projects.
- You coordinate a Management System according to ISO9001 in order to structure and report the continuous improvement projects.
- You are responsible of following up the improvement projects and to create reports monthly reports for the Direction Committee and to the corporation.
- You promote and coordinate Lean trainings.
- Mechanical, industrial engineering degree or equivalent
- Min. 5 year experience on manufacturing related positions preferably in heavy industry/steel manufacturers
- Successful and demonstrated experience in achieving cost savings and measurable operation improvements.
- Solid understanding of lean principles, including waste elimination, pull systems, Kanban, Kaizen, visual workspace, one piece flow, flow production, set-up, Value Stream Map, 5S. Availability to create and cascade KPIs.
- Standardized work, variation reduction, error proofing, TPM, etc.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification will be appreciated.
- Very good communication skills. Very strong team work capabilities, and strong company engagement.
- Fluently speaking in French & English is a must.
- Strong excel skills. Experience creating macro and analysing databases. Experience doing presentation and using PowerPoint.
A salary related to your experience, a company car and some extra-legal benefit
A friendly working atmosphere
Autonomy and responsibilities
A possibility of evolution towards our group, nationally or internationally
The support of a multinational group, with investments planned in the following years