Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
As a fast growing company, we are looking for new talents.
You are bored with your professional routine? Not enough possibility of expressing your creativity? Desiring to travel on all the continents? Wishing to develop your career?
If the answer is YES all these questions; you are ready to take the challenge!
Apply from now on and join a dynamic company, in a sector in full development and which will allow you to develop your skills in a highly technological environment.
Vesuvius is waiting for you!
The role will cover robotic processes portfolio across all regions (NAFTA, EMEA, ASIA…) and the capability development to manufacture and to supply those robotic solutions according to local technical and quality requirements based on customer practices and needs.
The main tasks of the Mechatronics Engineer will include the conceptualization, the technical specification, the vendors selection, the shop tests, the factory acceptance tests and the commissioning of all mechatronics and automation solutions for new product applications supporting business growth on a global basis.
- R&D activities to conceptualize and to develop new robotic solutions according to Vesuvius vision: fully automatic applications with no man operation (only supervision)
- Engineering activities to design, specify and manufacture new robotic solutions
- R&D project management
- Vendors assessment for dedicated robotic solution or product development
- Coordination and follow-up of subcontracted engineering and manufacturing works
- Coordinate meetings with vendors and other resources like purchasing, shipping…
- Selection of key components and key vendors
- Shop tests and factory acceptance tests
- Commissioning services for local teams and customers across all regions (30% travel)
- Technical assistance services for local teams and customers across all regions
Key Result Areas
- Delivery and commissioning of robotic solutions in due time and with entire customer satisfaction
- Development of standard documents database (i.e. technical & purchasing specifications, check lists, functional descriptions, PID’s …) for each robotic solution
- Development of skills and technical expertise on robotic applications for Advanced Refractories BU
- Supply chain consolidation of robotic applications across all regions (NAFTA, EMEA, ASIA…)
- Build long term relationship with key subcontractors to supply robotic applications
- Cooperate with other mechatronics, automation and R&D engineers to develop new robotic solutions and application technologies
Master’s degree in Electro-Mechanical / Mechatronics / Automation / Process Engineering
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature)
- 5 to 10 years’ experience with engineering project in Mechanics, Automation or Mechatronics for Industry such as Steelmaking, Glassmaking, Foundry, Automotive, Mining…
- 5 years’ practical experience in customer’s site activities such as technical servicing or commissioning
- 5 years’ experience in Multicultural environment
- Management experience in engineering projects or product development
- Electro-mechanical engineering
- Robotics application engineering
- Process control and automation engineering
- Process integration and mechatronics systems
- 3D CAD design, dimensioning and modelling
- Common EC standards and requirements
- Relevant experience in PLC programming (Siemens, Allen-Bradley…) and SCADA applications (Wonderware, WinCC…)
- Relevant experience in process design (flowsheet, PID’s…), process dimensioning (mass & energy balances, chemical reactions…), process simulation (WinMOD, EES, CFD, FEA…) and system tests (FAT, point-to-point, individual tests…)
- Experience in vision systems and oriented objects programming is a strong asset
- Knowledge of high temperature (melted iron or glass) process technology is an asset
- Strong proficiency of troubleshooting even with limited or incomplete information
- Wide experience in very diverse skills (hydraulic, pneumatic, motors, valves…) gained from practical problem-solving experiences performed on operating site
- Knowledge of system integration processes and supply chain management is desirable
- Basic knowledge of global organization, markets and products
- Must have demonstrated ability to work in team and to build strong and balanced relationships within hard and stressful working environment
- Demonstrated understanding of customer practices and needs
- Ability to negotiate with vendors on multiple aspects such as price, delivery time, claims, payment conditions…
- Ability to work across multiple international sites and in a cross-cultural environment