Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
Mechatronic department based in Ghlin designs robotic solution for continuous casting application.
Integrated in this department you will be in charge of conception, design testing and commissioning of robotic equipment.
- Responsible for mechanical, hydraulic and other media design work in respect to the technical specifications and project planned delivery mile stones. Model and simulate the robot functions and trajectories fit for the application using the Creo and KUKA SIM tools. Develop the robot devices (racks, tools,…) to adapt it to the specific application. Validate by KUKA simulation the load and reach of the robot to confirm robot size selection and define the loads applied to the supporting structures to enable relevant stability verifications.
- Organise and follow up the drafting work of the designer (draftsmen) on home and remote sites. Responsible for drawings check, approval and official release for manufacturing. Consider manufacturing cost parameters in the design.
- Validation of the new design and product development during the shop test and eventually commissioning.
- Coordination and technical support to Operations and Suppliers during manufacturing process.
- Design calculation as per the relevant norms.
- Set up and maintenance of Design Rules to share best practices across the group.
- Report progress proactively to the Project Manager and TSR requestors. Administrate the work in the TSR system database.
- Report and coordinate technical issues or products continuous improvement to the relevant Product Manager. Handle the associate technical documentation work.
Engineer in electricity, automation or electromechanical engineering
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature) :
> 3-5 years
Expertise areas :
- Very good command in Mechanical design (conception, calculation, material selection, detail engineering design, manufacturing methods). A certain degree of creativity is expected.
- Good knowledge in Hydraulic and other media.
- Capability to use 2D / 3D CAD design software and FEA tools.
- Very good practical feeling
- Hands on capability
- Autonomous, creative, committed, leadership
- Fluent in English
- Ready to travel WW (20-25%)