Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
RD mechanism department based in Ghlin designs machines for continuous casting flow control.
Integrated in this department you will be in charge of conception, design testing and commissioning of these flow control mechanisms.
- Carry out systems development and project follow up based on technical specifications. This is including: mechanical engineering, solution development, product improvement, documented calculations.
- Actively participate to shop test (FAT test procedure and FAT test). Supervise assembly, test and installation of project equipment.
- Build technical documentation of product and project (user manual, CE file, customer file, risk assessment)
- Actively participate to equipment commissioning, involving multiple travelling worldwide.
- Autonomy in solution finding and troubleshooting
Engineer in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature):
0 accepted, 3 to 7 years preferred.
- Very good mechanical design skills (CREO preferred, CATIA, Solidworks, …)
- Good knowledge in Mechanical engineering
- Understanding of material characteristic / behaviour
- Proficient at writing technical reports
- Basic knowledge pneumatic and hydraulic
- Experienced with Finite element analyses.
- Very good practical feeling
- Troubleshooting / problem solving skills
- Hands on capability
- Autonomous, creative, committed, leadership
- Fluent in English
- Ready to travel WW – extensive travel
- Extended periods of sitting and use of computer.
- Climbing, kneeling, crouching and reaching.
- Medium strength requirements.