Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
As a fast growing company, we are looking for new talents.
Carry out Feasibility Study and engineering work supporting the Sales Team. The main duty is to do the engineering work required to adapt our standard product onto the customer specific application and/or to propose and develop integration solutions.
The Application Engineer is responsible for the conception, basic engineering, installation drawings and study validation at Customer Site.
- Study of the Customer Request. Site Visit and collection of relevant technical information to complete this Feasbility Study.
- Responsible for mechanical, hydraulic and other media design work in respect to the technical specifications. Model and simulate the robot functions and trajectories fit for the application using the Creo and KUKA SIM tools. Develop the robot devices (racks, tools,…) to adapt it to the specific application. Validate by KUKA simulation the load and reach of the robot to confirm robot size selection and define the loads applied to the supporting structures to enable relevant stability verifications.
- Validation of the Feasibility Study at Customer Site (Dimensions, Operation, Application)
- Design calculation as per the relevant norms.
- Report progress proactively to the Technical Manager and to the Sales Team.
Master degree in Mechanical/Electromechanical Engineering.
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature):
2 to 5 years in heavy industry environment with design responsibilities. Mechatronic background is a plus.
- Very Good in Mechanical design (conception, calculation, material selection, detail engineering design, manufacturing methods). A certain degree of creativity is expected.
- Good knowledge in Hydraulic and other media.
- Capability to use 2D / 3D CAD design software and FEA tools.
- Practical approach and hands on capability with interest for heavy industry application.
- Able to work in team with good management and leadership skills.
- Good English speaking, writing and reading.
- Autonomous and Committed.
- Proactive and Organised.
- Opened to international traveling.