Metallurgy, an old manual dirty and dying business? Nope. The steel industry is reinventing itself! Steel here, there and everywhere. Join the adventure and get exposure to modern practices and heavy technological installations. The NLMK group is the most important player in the Russian steel sector and one of the most efficient in the world. It is present in 7 countries and has 20 production sites. And we won’t stop there! We know why we exist. We believe in our strategy. We are driven by very strong values. The only thing missing is you. Make a big impact and shape with us the future of a carbon-neutral steel industry!
You will be responsible of the outbound logistics activities of NLMK Europe Strip in order to increase the service level, the efficiency and reduce costs.
- Daily management of Outbound logistics activities (Operational & financial)
- Implementation and/or improvement of a strong continuous improvement culture (KPIs, problem solving, routines…)
- Optimize the stocks
- Work closely with Sales, Operations, Internal Logistics and Procurement in order to improve service level and optimize transportation costs
- Elaborate network design for new customers
- Participate to contracts negotiations for transport/storage providers
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Initiate cost saving projects
- Manage and develop logistics teams (2 directs reports, 9 indirect reports)
- Master degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or related experience
- Experience of 8+ years in transportation and/or logistics (preferably in an industrial environment)
- Fluent in French is mandatory; Good knowledge of English is mandatory.
- Strong computer skills specifically advanced skills utilizing Excel in data analysis.
- Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Team spirit as the role will require to collaborate with larger teams on various projects but also autonomous.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
Working at NLMK is an opportunity to create a new future for yourself with one of the world’s most efficient steel company. NLMK is building a team of professionals offering comprehensive support to talented and ambitious employees who bring new ideas to life and are focused on results.