- Deliver revenue results and develop sales action plans in dedicated region according to company’s commercial strategy in close collaboration with the CCO and the entire commercial team to maximize the company profitability.
- Scope: Travel Agencies, Corporate, Leisure, Tour Operators, OTA’s, MICE, …
Main activities and responsibilities
- Build and implement a yearly account plan for selected accounts to meet & exceed revenue & profitability targets.
- Arrange sales visit preparations.
- Hunt and prospect new customers, find new sales leads/business opportunities through effective prospection and networking activities.
- Develop and maintain long-term commercial relationship with existing customers to continuously increase profitable business and product awareness.
- Perform regular visits to monitor the performance, analyze the results and reviews according to set standards, and inform timely of product changes, etc.
- In full accordance with guidelines set by the Revenue Mgt Specialist and Air Belgium's corporate contracting guidelines, negotiate and contract with existing / new customers.
- Response to requests for proposals (RFP’s).
- Communicate product and pricing news in an efficient and attractive way.
- Represent the company on external events (fair, sales promotional actions, marketing activities with travel industry partners, sales blitz, corporate product presentations, etc.) to strengthen Air Belgium visibility in the market.
Data and reporting
- Ensure close follow-up of the revenue of each customer/customer group: review actual results versus targeted incomes and make recommendations /take any corrective actions wherever needed that would have a significant short-term and long-term impact on the sales business and profitability.
- Ensure proper follow-up and monitoring of customer portfolio performance and maintain the CRM database according to Air Belgium airline rules, enabling correct account information at all times.
- Liaise for all relevant information with the relevant departments (such as pricing).
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Services Support and ensure continuous follow- up of key customers/customer groups' feedbacks.
Budgets & Forecasts
- Agree on yearly objectives with the CCO.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Understand the business context in which the company operates that informs planning and decision making.
- Identify and meet the needs of internal and external customers, being continually focused on outcomes for customers.
- Flexibility, initiative and creativity to cope with a start-up's mindset.
Requirements and qualifications
- University/Post Graduate (Master's Degree).
- Substantial Sales experience (min 6 years).
- Previous comprehensive experience in the aviation/travel industry is mandatory.
- Thorough understanding of Sales & Marketing processes and activities.
- Overall understanding of the booking – ticketing and air tarification.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, good ability to listen.
- Customer orientation.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Computer literate.
- Trilingual English/Dutch and French.
- Continuous improvement minded.
- Ability to prioritise and be proactive.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, stress resistant.
- Analytical skills, creative thinking, problem solving and assertiveness.
- Willing to work outside regular office hours as required.
- Driving license.
- A permanent contract.
- A package in line with industry standards.