30+ days ago
Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries. We develop and manufacture high-technology products and solutions for supply to the steel and casting industries, operating a profitable, flexible, cash generative and growth-building business model.
The strength of the Vesuvius offer lies in our dedication to becoming “partners in performance” with customers around the world. TWeprovide world class technology and service at a very “local” level through our global network of manufacturing, research, technology and field service personnel. The business model operates a balance between empowerment of local operational teams and central development of technology and practices.
Think global – Act local.
Vesuvius has offices in 84 locations in 38 countries. We are quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
Oversee full implementation of corporate safety and environmental standards that insure governmental regulatory compliance according to Belgian regulations.
• Supports the implementation of Group HSE goals to drive HSE culture.
• Interface with regulatory bodies in Flanders (and eventually in Wallonia) as at Federal level when required.
• Ensure that required regulatory permits are acquired, reports are submitted to regulatory agencies, and any site permit conditions (e.g. recordkeeping, air, storm water, waste, etc.) are met.
• Creates and facilitates HSE employee engagement to reach establish targets and objectives for the year.
• Develop and implement a thorough training program for all manufacturing employees for safety and environmental.
• Work closely with the Management, Quality, Production and Lab personnel to monitor key safety and environmental aspects.
• Develop annual Site Safety Improvement Plan and lead efforts to implement and complete as planned.
• Create visual management tools to highlight HSE activity and encourage continuous improvement. Lean tools are to be utilized in process improvement.
• Lead regular audits and assessments to ensure required HSE processes meet standards and are properly followed by the workforce.
• Maintain a well-organized and documented Emergency Action Plan and conduct tests of this plan to insure it will be properly followed in times of need.
• Lead all HSE incident investigation process, including cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans.
• Management and ensure compliance of company’s safety standards.
• Collect all necessary data to submit required internal HSE reports in a timely manner.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and competencies:
• Position requires a minimum bachelor’s degree in Safety, Engineering or equivalent technical certification with Verifiable Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental certifications allowing you to work as a HSE professional.
• 5+ years health and safety management experience with exposure to manufacturing or heavy industry.
• Experience in regulatory compliance & HSE leadership.
• Excellent experience in interpreting environmental law.
• Demonstrate a high level of energy and passion for the role and the company and will be involved in many aspects of the business.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, organize, set priorities, complete projects, prepare reports, and make recommendations by exercising independent judgment and innovative thinking.
• Highly level of drive and motivation with the ability to work under pressure and deliver above and beyond the expected results.
• Fluent in Dutch and English, French is a plus.