Our client, an international association active in the international lobbying in favour of climate change located in Brussels, is looking for an autonomous experienced
Head of Finance, HR and Association administration
Part/Full-time (min. 30 hrs/week or max. 40 hrs/week)
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director and part of a small, dynamic, multinational team, consisting of ±12 employees.
You will be the point of contact for all accounting, financial, association administrative and HR matters, ensuring the long-term economic and financial viability of the association and support the Managing Director and team by guaranteeing the respect and by contributing to the development and implementation of the policies and systems for finances, administration and HR of our client. In this position you will use your skills and experience in accounting, and your attention to detail, to help manage the finances and accounts of our organisation. You will produce accurate financial records that help the organisation make decisions and liaise with payroll office and linked suppliers.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Accounting (40%), Finance (20%) and Association Administration (20%):
You are responsible for managing the day to day finances and administration of the association in accordance with Belgian law. This includes accounting of transactions with and VAT handling in other EU countries where the association has members and holds events; European Commission projects’ accounting and financial reporting; administrative procedures linked the statutes of the association.
Overall management of the accounts from A to Z
Supervise and organise the invoicing, bookkeeping according to Belgian accounting standards (general and analytical), budgeting and financial and cash management processes.
- Development, coordination and implementation of an efficient qualitative accounting system; ensuring that financial records are kept accurate and up to date;
- Process all transactions using WinBooks accounting software;
- Ensure the reliability of current accounting operations: purchases, sales, salaries, statements of claims…;
- Management accounting: verify/allocate income and expenses to relevant budget codes for internal budget control and reporting;
- Accounts payable: collect, record and file invoices, get approval for payment, prepare payments, send proofs of payment when required;
- Manage accounts receivable: invoicing of third parties for fees and costs reimbursements, follow up on payments, send requests for payments to members, monitor bank accounts for funds received and confirm reception as required;
- Book costs, income, bank and credit card statements in the accounting system; prepare reconciliations and statement for management;
- Preparation of customised reporting, follow-up and financial and narrative reports and statistics (balance sheets, P&L, cash flow, financial statements etc.);
- Preparation of the annual budget of the association in collaboration with the Head of Units and the Manager;
- Monitor the cash-flow of the association and set-up appropriate monitoring tools;
- Manage and prepare social and tax declarations (down payments, quarterly VAT, IPM, taxes, NBB balance sheets, etc.); in Belgium as well as the event country accounting law, tax and VAT regulations and company laws;
- Coordinate, gather information and prepare supporting documents for the annual statutory audit and assistance to external auditors in the review of financial operations and financial controls.
Administration of the association:
Ensure the respect of the legal obligations of the AISBL and the management of the linked processes.
- Ensure that the organisation meets its legal requirements, including accounting practices, insurances, VAT (declaration and payment) and tax regulations (e.g. IPM), Belgian labour law, A(I)SBL law, etc.;
- Preparation and follow-up of the meetings of the General Assembly, writing and follow up of official publications to the Belgian legal journal (Moniteur Belge) and responsible for the general legal compliance of the association ;
- Overseeing the general administration and especially contracts with our main suppliers (negotiations, follow-up) in the best interest of the association
Contacts with members, event participants and other clients /stakeholders of the organisation
- Responsible for the membership administration and collection of membership fees, of registration fees and of publication sales, which includes verifying the invoices issuing of clients invoices as well as debt collection and reimbursements.
- Financial support for European projects: Upholding of all records and documents required by the European Commission.
HR personnel management (20%)
Responsible for monitoring employee data and records, managing payroll administration, updating internal HR guidelines and procedures, more precisely:
- Administration of staff (employees and interns) contracts, extension, terminations; ensuring compliance of procedures with Belgian social legislation;
- Maintaining physical and digital personnel data such as employment contracts and addenda, all kinds of certificates, etc. up to date throughout the employee lifecycle;
- Acting as a single point of contact for all questions related to HR and social legislation, e.g. check legality and modalities for long term leave (maternity, paternity, parental, long term sick leave), time credit, calculate number of vacation days, wage-related questions…
- Processing and follow-up of payroll administration in collaboration with the social secretariat: enter data on wages / hours worked / absences in the system, act as a central point of contact for the social secretariat (Partena), make corrections if necessary. Distribute staff’s salary slips when received;
- Maintaining the day-to-day relationship and inquiries with contacts Social secretariat and other external partners such as insurance broker, etc. and relevant public administration offices such as Mensura, Bruxelles Formation, etc.;
- Applying office procedures related to worktime, holidays, illness administer and managing holiday system;
- Handling administrative aspects of recruitment, on-boarding and departure of employees and interns.
Your Profile: Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
You have experience in a similar finance and payroll-administration role - preferable with the general administration of a medium-sized association/NGO.
- A bachelor (Belgian) degree in Accounting (comptable diplômé ou certifié) and ideally a Master in Finance or similar;
- Excellent command of English (which is the office language) and French (which is the association administration language);
- A relevant experience (5-10 yrs) and expertise in Belgian bookkeeping legislation as well as GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- Comprehensive and updated knowledge of the Belgian social legislation, accounting law, fiscal and tax legislation and procedures linked to aisbl;
- Strong track record in financial reporting, general accounting matters and the preparation of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annual accounts and organisational audits;
- Computer skills Knowledge of accountancy and bookkeeping software (Winbooks) and work smoothly with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Excellent analytical skills: rigorous and reliable attention to details & ability to think objectively and derive meaningful insights from quantitative data;
- Committed to working as part of a small team and significantly contribute to its efficiency and a high standard of work, effectiveness and success; combined with good time-management and the ability to work independently;
- Familiarity with European Commission financial regulations;
- A first experience or knowledge in HR and Payroll (Belgian rules) is required;
- Administration prior experience is an asset for this position;
- Soft skills: problem solver, you get things done; passionate about accuracy; integrity and professionalism, team player.
- Permanent contract
- Part time contract between min. 3/4th (75% = 30hr) and max. full time (40hr), exact timetable to be determined depending on your availability and experience level;
- A competitive salary with a nice extra-legal benefits package: meal vouchers, Eco vouchers, travel group insurance, reimbursement of transport costs;
- Location: the offices are centrally located in Brussels and easily accessible by public transport;
- The ability to work in a stimulating multinational environment with an excellent team spirit and for an organisation that really makes a difference!
- Ideal start date: 1st September 2020
Interested candidates need to have, at the time of application, the legal right to work in Belgium. We regret that we are not able to apply for work-permits on their behalf.
Candidates are asked to apply here including a letter of motivation and CV.
Please address your application before 10th July 2020 with the Reference “Part Time / full time Head of Finance, HR, Admin” in the email subject to Mrs. Gwendoline de Robiano
3HR Recruitment Solutions
Please apply here: https://www.genius-people.com/jobs/en_US/finance-hr-and-association-administration-manager-officer-bxl/TGJtbWZ4L1RPQ1k4aG1zS2lnbjFIZz09/
N.B. Selection details: Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Selected candidates will need to provide a copy of their diplomas/degree and will be interviewed in Brussels.