NLMK Plate Europe gathers under one name three specialized rolling mills – NLMK Clabecq (Belgium), NLMK DanSteel A/S (Danemark) and NLMK Verona (Italy) – using technologically advanced production methods. From medium & heavy plates – hot rolled or forged – to ingots, we offer a complete range of steels in all grades and dimensions.
NLMK Plate Europe is determined to leverage its European plate assets to achieve sustainable market leadership in either the European or global market, where appropriate or defined.
In order to coordinate the transformation of the CLABECQ Back Office, by implementing best practices, common systems & procedures and standard ERP concepts of the 3 plate mill Back Offices, NLMK Plate Europe is looking for a (m/f)
HEAD OF BACK OFFICE
Be the reference and heading of the Back Office of Clabecq, heading Sales Assistants and interacting with the Sales Network and the mill’s organization. To do so you will have the following responsibilities:
- ensure coordination between the Back Office in Clabecq, the commercial teams and the operational team members.
- ensure and coordinate implementation of ERP systems (new SAP implementation is in progress) in Clabecq, in tight cooperation and harmony with the 2 sister companies in Denmark and Italy.
- improve and develop working procedures for the Back Office in Clabecq.
- actively implement best practices of the 3 plate mill Back Offices in Europe.
- assist with the training of relevant staff to ensure continuing competences.
- perform individual assessments one time per year for the sales assistants.
- monitor and approve correct workflows, help improve internal systems, propose new procedures that are more efficient.
- draft policies and procedures relevant for the department.
- coordinate with technical departments in order to ensure uniformed rules for order intake and records in the system.
- manage the documentation flow towards the customers.
- improve and harmonize the status orders for the customers.
- You have a higher degree of education and minimum 5 years of relevant working experience.
- You show excellent communication skills towards all stakeholders. You listen to people and have the ability to build relationships of trust.
- You are a team player but can also work in an autonomous way and you like to take initiative.
- You are stress-resistant, have excellent organizational skills and a solution and customer driven attitude.
- You are fluent in French and English, oral and written. Knowledge of other languages is an extra asset.
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office and modern ERP related processes, tools and IT systems (ideally SAP).
- A challenging position in a company with tight contact with sister companies in Denmark and Italy.
- A competitive salary and numerous extra-legal benefits, but beyond this important aspect, what characterizes us is :
- to be part of a community of people who are committed and passionate about their profession located at the heart of the material processing.
- To participate in the creation of a noble product that can be found in many objects of our daily life.
- to share an informal culture based on conviviality, solidarity, exchange between colleagues and a fierce determination to make this plant a jewel of the steel industry