+32 (0) 10 23 45 12
30+ days ago
Purpose of the position
To assist Ground Operations with handling all reports, procurement, equipment in line with the company’s procedures, standards and in compliance.
Main activities and responsibilities
• Assist the Ground Operations post holder in preparation of manuals (i.e. Ground Operations Manual, Ground Operations procedures & Weight and Balance) and co-ordinate distribution to parties so that all handling staff and Service Delivery Manager receive information in a timely manner and thus ensure safe handling practices are performed on Air Belgium aircraft.
• Assist in the follow-up of ground operations incidents, liaise with 3rd party to collect relevant and requested information enabling the management to take adequate corrective actions.
• Arrange and follow-up HOTAC/travel organisation for Ground Operations Staff or others participating in Ground Ops sponsored activities and submitting these arrangements to relevant parties.
• Provide administrative support to department in the form of maintaining filing system, preparation and submission of expense forms, compiling and submitting duty times.
• To convey all incoming messages / information to the relevant recipient during their absence to ensure smooth and timely communication.
• Compile information and data and incorporate into presentable format for the purpose of presenting reports for the department.
• To co-ordinate activities of department staff by maintaining their work calendars in order to avoid scheduling conflicts so that all members can fulfil their operational obligations.
• Update and maintain training records of ground operations staff so that all interested parties are aware of qualification.
• Critically evaluate all procurement requests
• Validate that the procurement process is followed correctly.
• Manage contracts through their life-cycle
• Support Ground Operations department and other stakeholders in ongoing supplier management of contracts
• Coordinate warranty claims and disputes between Ground Operations department and other stakeholders and suppliers and obtain compensation, if contractual terms & conditions are not fulfilled
• Review overall supplier performance and contract savings
• Manage supplier performance by reviewing supplier performance reports in conjunction with stakeholders and by organizing regular service/performance review meetings with suppliers and business owners
• Set and monitor budget and savings together with the Ground Operations Director
• Create and update KPIs for the Ground Operations Director
• Ensure all stations are properly equipped with Air Belgium supplies (UMs pouch, Manual Check-In Kit, Vouchers…)
• Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
• Display a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
• Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
• Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
• Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
• Capacity to remain very discreet and ascertain confidentiality while handling sensitive subject.
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-tasking
Requirements and qualifications
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in aviation
• Understanding of airport and airline ground operations
• Good knowledge of IATA SGHA
• Computer literate
• Excellent command of the English language
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be willing to travel among the stations
• Good knowledge on Dangerous Good Regulation and/or aviation security (AVSEC) is an asset
•A full-time position, permanent contract
•A remuneration that will be in line with the industry standards + additional benefits