+32 (0) 10 23 45 12
30+ days ago
Purpose of the position
To assist Ground Operations through the processing of reports, through the procurement process for Ground Operations, presentation material and correspondence. She/he is involved in the administration and updating of relevant manuals in order to be compliant with the regulations laid down by the BCAA
The scope of the function includes operational customer support
Main activities and responsibilities
OPERATIONAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
• In charge of collecting and dealing all passenger’s special request (SSR) such as:
• Confirm the above SSR in the PNR of the passenger
• Find out the root cause for any passenger claim involving ground operations (seat assignment, ancillary service paid but not granted…)
• Coordinate the baggage repairs with the subcontractor
• Coordinate the baggage tracing with the subcontractor
• Coordinate the baggage litigation with legal department
• Assist the Ground Operations post holder in preparation of manuals (i.e. Ground Operations Manual, Ground Operations procedures & Weight and Balance) and co-ordinate distribution to parties so that all handling staff and Service Delivery Manager receive information in a timely manner and thus ensure safe handling practices are performed on Air Belgium aircraft.
• Assist in the follow-up of ground operations incidents, liaise with 3rd party to collect relevant and requested information enabling the management to take adequate corrective actions.
• Arrange and follow-up HOTAC/travel organisation for Ground Operations Staff or others participating in Ground Ops sponsored activities and submitting these arrangements to relevant parties.
• Provide administrative support to department in the form of maintaining filing system, preparation and submission of expense forms, compiling and submitting duty times.
• To convey all incoming messages / information to the relevant recipient during their absence to ensure smooth and timely communication.
• Compile information and data and incorporate into presentable format for the purpose of presenting reports for the department.
• To co-ordinate activities of department staff by maintaining their work calendars in order to avoid scheduling conflicts so that all members can fulfil their operational obligations.
• Update and maintain training records of ground operations staff so that all interested parties are aware of qualification
• Create and update KPIs for the Ground Operations Director
• Ensure all stations are properly equipped with Air Belgium supplies (UMs pouch, Manual Check-In Kit, Vouchers, Labels…)
• Critically evaluate all procurement requests
• Validate that the procurement process is followed correctly.
• Manage contracts through their life-cycle
• Support Ground Operations department and other stakeholders in ongoing supplier management of contracts
• Coordinate warranty claims and disputes between Ground Operations department and other stakeholders and suppliers and obtain compensation, if contractual terms & conditions are not fulfilled
• Review overall supplier performance and contract savings
• Manage supplier performance by reviewing supplier performance reports in conjunction with stakeholders and by organizing regular service/performance review meetings with suppliers and business owners
• Set and monitor budget and savings together with the Ground Operations Director
• Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
• Display a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
• Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
• Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
• Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
• Capacity to remain very discreet and ascertain confidentiality while handling sensitive subject.
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-tasking
Requirements and qualifications
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in aviation and/or Travel Agency
• Understanding of airport and airline ground operations
• Good knowledge of IATA SGHA • Computer literate
• Excellent command of the English language
• Excellent communication skills
• Good knowledge on Dangerous Good Regulation and/or aviation security (AVSEC) is an asset
• Knowledge of reservation system and/or Departure Control System is an asset
• A full-time position, permanent contract
• A remuneration that will be in line with the industry standards + additional benefits