A new SAP system (SAP Business 1) is currently under implementation, and as well a transformation of the site and actvities into also R&D activities is undergoing. The current Financial Controller has been promoted to a new role, and there is an urgent need for an highly skilled Financial controller to define, lead and complelete a clear definition of the future Accounting & Reporting set-up, secure compliance, and complete the remaining transformations.
The job and role
The Financial controller has full responsibility for the local P&L and Balance sheet, and manages the daily Accounting and Reporting actitivities with the help of the local Finance / Accounting team (1 person) and the Shared Service Centre. He/she support the local Business Unit Directors, the EMEA FC Finance Director and multiple other stakeholders, incl. Group Finance. The role and the team is responsibile for the End to End Accounting and Reporting for 2 Belgium Legal entities. The Financial controller will secure establishing new Accounting controls to ensure the financial integrity of the Ghlin Belgium reporting units and Legal Entities:
- Build and maintain financial infrastructure according to the new SAP ERP and site activities, primary responsibility for the monthly accounting close and group & financial statement preparation
- Must ensure the month close is completed timely and accurately, including review of all account reconciliations and key accruals
- Review tasks within the various disciplines of the accounting functions (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable) to ensure these functions are operating and performing within Company guidelines
- Perform hands-on duties and tasks within Accounting & Tax, e.g. Tax, VAT, Provisions, accruals, etc.
- Establishment of Group compliant controls Framework and secure team´s daily adherence.
- Change agent that will get behind the numbers, drive standardisation and transition of further transactional tasks to the Shared Service Center.
- Provide solid financial reporting and forecast accuracy while strengthening processes and procedures throughout the Accounting / Finance department
- Prepare annual budget and reforecasts (when necessary) and report on monthly performance versus those objectives
- Working in connection with Shared Service Center and European headquarters Accounting personnel to ensure all tasks is performed compliant, duely and accurately
- Perform other related Accounting / Financial duties as required or requested by EMEA FC Finance Director or Group Finance.
When the appliable tranformation activities has been completed, the role will include a more Business partnering orientation and focus. The tasks will straddle across securing Accounting compliance, performing Financial Planning and Analysis, Reporting to Group and local Business, and acting a trusted Financial Business Partner to the local Business.
The candidate must be experienced and have the required educational background necessary to be successful in an ever-changing, fast paced, results-oriented organization. He/she must have a thorough knowledge of Accounting and Finance principles including best practices and procedures related to internal and external audit functions, local GAAP/FASB/IFRS accounting standards, Belgium Tax and VAT rules, and ability to prepare group, as well as, local statutory reporting. Furthermore, the candidate must have some experience in Business partnering, and eagerness to develop in this area.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of increasing level of responsibilities in an International, multi-brand, multi-location manufacturing, service and/or distribution company
- Very solid skills in Accounting (incl. DR/CR), multi dimensions, daily bookkeeping, balance sheet reconciliations, and with hands-on ability.
- Ability to solve issues and provide quality judgment and decision-making
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and maintaining an Accounting / Finance function
- Solid experience and knowledge in Belgium Tax and VAT
- Knowledge of Costing of projects and R&D activities
- Experience within FP&A and Business partnering
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and ability to learn internal systems programs
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field required
- Fluent English and French/(Dutch), written as well as verbal