065/40 08 67
30+ days ago
Vesuvius Group is part of Vesuvius plc, a global leader in molten metal flow engineering. Vesuvius provides a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the iron & steel and foundry industries. Vesuvius is a community of experts. Present around the world, we deliver solutions to our customers to improve their efficiency. Our global network of plants brings us within reach of our customers, serving them in real time, with the capacity and flexibility they need to respond to their markets’ demands. Over 100 scientists in our research centers strive to maintain our technology and innovation leadership position.
Vesuvius is made up of four Businesses: Steel - Flow Control, Steel - Advanced Refractories, Steel - Digital Services, and Foundry. At the Group-level, several global functions exist to support all four businesses. One of these global functions is the Intellectual Property (IP) Department, which reports to the Vice President & Chief Technology Officer. The IP Department has three main offices: USA (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), Belgium (Ghlin) and United Kingdom (Tamworth). The Tamworth IP Office is devoted to the Foundry business while the other 2 offices support the three Steel businesses.
The Patent Attorney will work closely with the IP manager and its team to fulfill the global IP function in order to identify, secure, protect and defend our investments in technology with the purpose of adding value to the Company. In this regard, the Patent Attorney key responsibilities can be summarized as follow:
• Manage all aspects of a given IP portfolio of one or more dedicated business units
• Invention harvesting
• Drafting and worldwide prosecution of patent applications
• Opposition and oral proceedings – where required
• Provide IP advisory service/business counselling to the R&D and business units (including patent project reviews, Freedom to operate analyses and non-disclosure agreements)
• Provide patent validity and infringement advise to R&D and the relevant business units
• Support, devise and implement IP strategy on a global level
• Evaluate and mitigate IP risks
• Support and promote IP awareness within Vesuvius’ global R&D community and business teams
• Monitor technology development and competitors’ activities
• Manage relationship with external counsel and sub-contractors – where required
• Coordinate with the local legal team and lawyers – when needed
• Assisting with special projects as needed
The appointed person must also be a team-player and able to work within different project environments and build effective relationship with R&D, scientist, legal and business teams as well as contribute to the high-performance level of Vesuvius IP department.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Fully qualified European Patent Attorney (EQE)
• Master’s Degree or Engineering degree - preferably in Mechanics, mechatronics, automation, metallurgy, physics, computer or digital sciences
• Fluency in English. Please note that the working language of the company is English
• 3+ years’ experience post qualification
• Travel: International and domestic (up to 20%)
• Trademark knowledge and/or experience.
• Proficiency in German.
Personal Skills :
• Organizational skills
• Excellent communicator, supported by strong verbal and written presentation skills
• Highly motivated and self-driven
• Flexible, adaptable and comfortable working within a multicultural company with exacting standards of ethics, integrity and behavior
• Team player
• Strategic thinking
We offer you …
• Annual base salary according to experience and credentials
• Company car
• Annual Holiday entitlement
• Healthcare, including for family members
• Group personal pension scheme
• Attractive carrier prospects