Metallurgy, an old manual dirty and dying business? Nope. The steel industry is reinventing itself! Steel here, there and everywhere. Join the adventure and get exposure to modern practices and heavy technological installations. The NLMK group is the most important player in the Russian steel sector and one of the most efficient in the world. It is present in 7 countries and has 20 production sites. And we won’t stop there! We know why we exist. We believe in our strategy. We are driven by very strong values. The only thing missing is you. Make a big impact and shape with us the future of a carbon-neutral steel industry!
- The Energy Procurement Manager defines and implement the Energy sourcing strategy in coordination with all European NLMK sites and contributes to the transition towards reducing NLMK environmental impact
Key activities and objectives:
- Develop and implement the Energy strategy for Europe on Gas, Electricity and EUA in alignment with Business requirement, CEOs and Energy team from NLMK Group.
- Negotiate and implement energy contracts for EU sites (starting with BE+FR)
- Develop Supplier relationship to collect market insight to adapt strategy following energy price evolution.
- Make recommendation of Gas and Electricity hedging based on price analysis and expert reviews.
- Manage CO2 quota purchase and collaborate with EU sites.
- Manage Gas and Electricity balancing and green certificate (starting with BE+FR)
- Be the voice of NLMK in regional energy working groups (starting with BE+FR)
- Build effective relationships with internal key EU stakeholders (CEOs, Experts and Operational Excellence teams)
- Ensure monthly meeting with CEOs, CPO, Energy NLMK group to share market insight and short & long-term recommendations.
- Collaborate with Finance for budget development and CM monitoring.
Energy reduction project
- Collaborate with the Operational Excellence teams at European level to assess the objectives for reducing emissions and energy consumption at the various sites to propose energy reduction projects with key European suppliers.
- Manage Energy Efficiency and CO2 reduction Portfolio
- Participate in working groups on the 2030 energy transformation strategy.
Coordinate the implementation of monitoring/benchmarking of energy consumption between European sites.
- Market knowledge on Gas, Power and CO2
- Strategic Thinking to create Procurement new approaches
- Strong negotiating skills
- Project management knowledge
- Passion for Climate change projects
- Ability to bring ideas for cost reduction on contract
- French is mandatory (min. C2)
- English (min. C1)
- Highly developed Excel and power point skills and modelling
- Solid analytical capability. Seeing the significant elements in a situation, gathering relevant data, reaching sound conclusions, using data and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop/maintain productive business relationships and cooperate in multifunctional and multicultural environments
- Exceptional problem-solving
- Planning/project management skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Structured and well organized
- Team player
- Superior communication/interpersonal skills: position requires collaboration with multiple counterparties within the organization
- Ability to identify and challenge the issue
- Process owner with proactive position, “get work done” approach
- Resistance to stress and ability to deliver on time with good quality
Do you want to participate in shaping the future of the green carbon free steel? Do you want to become a member of a team where everybody has a voice? Do you want to join a rapidly changing environment with many opportunities for career growth? You can make a difference and be heard in NLMK Europe! It is the opportunity to start, develop and grow in one of the most successful steel companies in the world. NLMK's success is based on the strength of a team with family values and a strong international presence. A team that improves and innovates every day to be better than yesterday, with excellence and customer satisfaction in mind, and safety as the cornerstone of everything!
Steel makes our world a better place.