ESCO Corporation is an independent developer and manufacturer of highly engineered wear parts and replacement products. ESCO engineers, manufactures and services mission critical equipment used by companies in mining, industrial, and construction industries. With more than 100 years of experience in the science of metals, alloys and wear materials, ESCO is recognized as an industry leader delivering innovative products and customer engineered solutions that enhance customer productivity and safety.
ESCO’s Demand Planner is responsible for providing a timely and accurate demand plan for the organizations and products in their assigned region; leads monthly regional SIOP process for their respective customers and products; uses multiple sources to develop the demand plan including a statistical forecast, sales plans, new product introductions/phase-outs, and market intelligence.
Demand Planner (M/f) for ESCO at Frameries
- Work with demand/inventory analyst forecasts, new product development plans, and local sales plans to develop a SKU-level demand plan (consensus demand plan)
- Facilitate decisions related to service levels for products (make-to-stock vs. make-to-order)
- Help ensure alignment for which locations serve which customers
- Evaluate forecast accuracy and determine action plans to improve accuracy
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary demand planning tool
- Prepare reports and recommend adjustments to sales or supply plans
- Provide input to the Global Supply Chain Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action, promotional, and new product introduction plans with supply planning and the regional sales team
- Manage regional customer consignment inventory, as required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in marketing, business, mathematics or economics
- Must have 2+ years’ experience in a sales/demand planning role
- SKU-level demand planning experience preferred
- Two+ years’ industry related experience strongly preferred
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Expert in excel, requires proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint). Access is an asset.
- Full English proficiency required. Other European languages are an asset.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional facilitation and presentation skills
- Initial training might require several weeks stay in the United States during the first months of employment.
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- A quality workplace
- Promoting equal opportunities