Purpose of the job
- To handle any customer queries, focusing on phone, e-mail & social media channels.
- To foster close liaison with various departments within the company to investigate complaints and provide feedback or review processes where necessary.
- To provide high quality, timely and positive answers to B2B and B2C customer queries to optimise trade and passenger satisfaction and reinforce company reputation.
- To ensure efficient database management in order to maintain data quality and availability at all times.
Main activities and responsibilities
- Answer all customer queries (mainly through phone, emails & social media) and ensure closure of cases in due time.
- Provide assistance and information to travel agencies and tour operators.
- Coordinate closely with internal departments when needed to ensure that the customer request is met in order to provide them with excellent service.
- Assist the customer for any booking related query (booking changes, fares details, seating, etc…) and provide qualitative and proactive assistance by identifying customer needs and actively seeking out sales opportunities.
- Highlight to customers the relevant required travel documents for their journey such as passport, visa & health requirements and other details such as check-in place and time.
- Assist in service recovery such as baggage settlements, flight disruptions handling, compensation, refund, reissuance of tickets,…
- Ensure administrative aspects tracing (letters, claims management admin, refund form, invoices, …).
- Support the introduction of product services towards all communications / interactions with the customers.
- Support intermediaries and Travel Agents by assisting them in making bookings with special arrangements. Under the supervision of the CCO, advise and guide them on quoting special fares and completing ticketing formalities. Also assisting in BSPlink (refunds, issuance, …).
- Fulfil online queries and other complex activities such as medical cases and special services.
- Carry-out analysis and departmental reports and ensure up-to-date and qualitative database at all times.
- Participate in short-term departmental and cross-departmental projects.
- Assist the Revenue Management / Pricing department as a back-up when needed.
- Assist Maureva (accounting) update / correct booking & give explanations for reportings.
- Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
- Display a positive, open and cooperative behaviour in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department and towards the customers, avoid and help solve conflicts.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
- Capacity to remain very discreet and ascertain confidentiality while handling sensitive subject.
Education Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent by experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant equivalent working experience in the aviation industry.
- Fluency in French, Dutch and English (both written and oral), any other language is an asset.
- Customer centric mindset.
- Good communication skills, tactful and diplomatic, able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Able to work under pressure (time, angry customers).
- You master the applications of the MS Office suite: Word, Access, Power Point and especially MS Excel.
- Familiar with social media and CRM tools.
- Knowledge of GDS (Amadeus and/or Galileo/Worldspan) is a plus.
- A permanent contract.
- A package in line with industry standards.