Purpose of the position:
- The Inflight Catering Coordinator reports directly to the Head of Cabin Crew and work closely with the inflight product officer.
- The Inflight Catering Coordinator will have a dotted reporting line to the Ground Operations Director
- He/She is responsible for the catering and ensure the Inflight service delivery and Quality
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of Cabin Crew and the Inflight product officer with proposals for inflight catering and products. Prepare presentations and if required present to the board of Directors and/or other departments involved (e.g. commercial department)
- Prepare request for proposals for caterers and suppliers for all catering and inflight products
- Prepare menus, check menu specs and prices according to budget
- Liaise with all departments like commercial and Operations and communicate all changes. Collect feedback from other departments and investigate and provide solutions for their requests.
- Prepare loading plans, trolley charging and ensure weight limitations are respected
- Follow up the sales of Duty free and Buy On board together with the inflight product officer.
- Analyze crew reports and prepare action plans.
- Order and follow up of all catering products, including chinaware, material, trays, washable items…
- Ensure timely products forecasts and stock follow up (including outstations)
- Propose and order catering requirements for ADHOC flights
- Create appropriate purchase orders, manage new vendors creation and control Invoices
- Organise spot checks of catering delivery
- Assist Head of Cabin Crew and the inflight product officer with any other catering projects
- Check quality of meals and products and report in collaboration with the Inflight product officer to ensure food and safety compliance
- Participate in the monthly department meetings and assist in any department or cross functional related projects
- Ensure compliance with the SLA defined in the agreements with the suppliers
• Any other duties that aim to the achievement of the department objectives within individual competences.
• Display a positive, open and cooperative behavior in order to facilitate a good relationship inside and outside the department, avoid and help solve conflicts.
• Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
• Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
• Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Requirements and qualifications
• At least 2 or 3 years relevant experience in inflight catering (Food and Beverage can be an alternative)
• Relevant experience in procurement, managing suppliers and purchases is a strong asset
• General operational knowledge of Air Law and safety rules.
• Team oriented, strong coordination and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, multitasking and stress-resistant.
• Computer literate.
• Fluency in English, good command of French & Dutch (written and spoken).
• Flexibility to work during the weekend when required.
- A permanent contract
- A package in line with industry standards