Steel makes our world a better place.
Steel enables tall buildings being constructed, bridges, cars, trains, sophisticated medical equipment, space craft, etc. It is the building blocks of our society. Look around you; everything you see that was made by man, is either made from steel or steel were used in it’s creation.
NLMK has a presence across Europe with 6 manufacturing plants and is part of the very successful larger NLMK Group with manufacturing presence in 7 countries and selling our products in 70.
We are one of the most efficient steel producers in the world. We invest heavily into Research and Development to create new solutions for a modern world and use in our manufacturing processes Artificial Intelligence, augmented reality and many other technologies to help us to continually improve.
Steel is a perfect circular economy and can be recycled indefinitely. We are developing and driving towards a carbon-neutral steel industry. You can be part of this exciting world and help us shape the future.
Supports the implementation of strategies developed by category managers and/or manages local categories within the required timeframe and the expected specifications given by the business. Manages day to day interactions with suppliers.
- Development of category strategy (sourcing)
- Develops category strategy for categories only managed at local: country/plant level
- Leads the RFI/RFP processes, negotiations with suppliers and supplier selection
- Ensures that suppliers contracts are always timely renewed and obtained via process guaranteeing best commercial conditions for NLMK
- Manages Supplier Master records in compliance with qualification requirements and process automation
- Manages Material/Service records in order to insure correct spend reporting
- Execution of category strategy (operational)
- Executes Global/European category strategy in the country/plant under responsibility
- Manages supplier performance evaluation
- Monitors implementation and contract compliance
- Savings and cost avoidance
- Delivery compliance
- Supplier evaluation
- Business Master
- 3 to 5 years of experience as buyer
- Ba required
- Successful multi-year track record in buying
- Analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Strong negotiations, communication skills
- Team player
- Comfortable with conflict management
- A pleasant and dynamic working atmosphere with a new challenge every day.
- A service-minded ambitious manager with creative mind set
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, within an environment where initiative is appreciated.
- The opportunity to develop yourself.
- A competitive salary and numerous fringe benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.