+32 (0) 10 23 45 12
30+ days ago
Purpose of the position
To support Ground Operations Department, by coordinating, supervising and maintaining standard of aircraft handling and Passenger Services Operations.
Main activities and responsibilities
• Conduct performance reviews of Customer Service staff on a probationary and annual schedule
• Lead the Passenger Services, ticketing counter and Lounge teams to deliver a consistent, professional and profitable service to customers
• Directly supervise Customer Service staff (Check-In, Lounge, Ticketing…) as relates to adherence to uniform program, general appearance, proper procedures and all other policies.
• Ensure accurate provision and analysis of customer data including tracking of performance of all airport’s customer service, analysis of performance data and trends and production of internal and external tools to drive performance, profitability and retention. Data to include but not limited to H&S, financial and KPIs
• Ownership of passenger relationships at the airport, building and developing effective partnerships with complex and diverse stakeholders across the station and global organisation
• Develop and lead the team to deliver operational excellence across all KPIs
• Drive continuous improvement in people, technology, process and service introducing innovation and presenting compelling business cases to develop the department in to a market leader
• Manage Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and recommend appropriate staffing levels to the Ground Operations Director
• Motivate, engage and develop an organisational culture that reflects the company’s values, supporting the recruitment, retention and progression of a high calibre workforce whilst acting as an ambassador for Air Belgium in their professionalism and behaviour
• The ability to help the team develop and achieve their personal career goals through delegation, empowerment and coaching. Results focused with the strategic awareness to forecast both in the short and long term
• Write and update dedicated passenger services parts of the Ground Operation Manual under the Ground Operations Director responsibility and ensures its proper dissemination.
• Communicates effectively with all outstations on newly implemented procedures and/or modifications to existing procedures through the preparation of Ground Operations Bulletins and/or safety Bulletins.
• Conduct performance reviews of Customer Service staff on a probationary and annual schedule; exercising praise and disciplinary action when necessary.
• Assist in sales initiatives.
• Drive all baggage aspects: Check-in, tracking, lost and damaged luggage
• Ensure all passenger related systems such as Departure Control System are up to date and serviceable
• Meet and strive to exceed customer expectations in accordance with the airline contracts, and service level agreements
• Implement and enforce Policies and Procedures
• Practice and ensure safety and security procedures are adhered to Health & Safety regulations, and according to international aviation standards
• Monitors performance of ground handling assistant, taking action to correct any shortfalls
• Liaises with ground handling assistant managers, airport operations manager, handling agents and security officials, union officials, and other airport stakeholders
• Ensure all weight and balance related systems such as Departure Control System are up to date and serviceable
• Manage the creating and implementing of ground operations procedures and performance management of third parties on outstations
• To publish and monitor specific local regulations and procedures as applicable
• Promote safety awareness and develops a safety culture with 3rd party agencies. Endorses a non –reprisal reporting policy
• Write and update the dedicated Ramp and Traffic parts of the Ground Operation Manual under the Ground Operations Director responsibility and ensures its proper dissemination
• Communicates effectively with all outstations on newly implemented procedures and/or modifications to existing procedures through the preparation of Ground Operations Bulletins and/or safety Bulletins
• Ensuring compliance with local and international regulatory requirements, through verification of training programs and implementation of procedures and operating policies
• In collaboration with the Quality Department controls handling agent activities, records dissatisfactory services and introduces corrective measures in cases of non-conformity and passes information to the relevant departments
• Ensuring compliance with local and international regulatory requirements for Dangerous Goods
• Establish and actively engage the Safety Management System in the Ground Operations field
• Manage ULDs activity and ensure all flights are covered with sufficient ULDs
Requirements and qualifications